Reasoning through language arts (RLA)-GED subject test
What’s on the Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA) test?
- 150 minutes
- Includes multiple choice, short answer, drop-down, and a variety of technology-enhanced items
- Includes one 45-minute extended response (essay)
- Includes a 10-minute break
- Featured text on test is 75% informational, 25% literature
- Text ranges in complexity, including texts at the career- and college-readiness level
- Text ranges from 400 to 900 words long
- Text vocabulary focuses on words that appear frequently in a wide variety of disciplines
- Measures the student’s:
- Ability to read closely, write clearly, and edit and understand written English
- Ability to understand, interpret, and answer questions based on text
- Ability to use evidence to support an argument
- Understanding of basic English skills at a level needed to succeed in college or a job
All information sourced from GED for Educators Resource Book.